Friday, March 11, 2011

"Goodbye Lullaby"

I bought Avril Lavigne's new album "Goodbye Lullaby" the day it came out and while some songs are very impressive lyrically and vocally, other tracks were clearly pushed on to it and/or altered by the company. Avril said that the only reason her album took so long to be released was because the record company had a different image in mind for her.

So many artists these days have their music synthesized and partied up by the record companies who just want to create shallow, beat driven singles on the radio. Therefore, the album seems to be very inconsistent. I felt that it could actually be broken into two parts.

Regardless, it's a great album and my favorites include "Stop Standing There", "Wish You Were Here" (Though a little repetitive after a while), "Push" (Which feels very 'Let Go'ish to me", and "I Love You".

1 comment:

  1. I am the fan of Avril Lavigne. By the way good read and will try to read more on this blog.

    ReplyDelete